A punk trick means going beyond the “comfort zone”. It’s a bolder, more punchy, and different look and adds an extra touch to your look ever.
Punk is not just a genre of music, but a truly alternative lifestyle. In the effort to discover her own personality, a punk girl autonomously develops her own unique and unrepeatable style.
Eyeliner or pencil? This choice will affect your look drastically. Kohl-based eyeliner (the common eye pencil) will give you a softer look, while liquid eyeliner has a much more radical effect.
Choose your colors. Vibrant, eye-catching colors like hot pink, purple, teal, etc. are more suitable for this style. Neutral colors don’t give the right look because they aren’t flashy enough.
- Take care of your skin! Cleanse your face well, moisturize it and apply foundation and concealer to cover imperfections.
- Start with the eyes. You can create a few layers of bright colors on the eyelid using a darker shade, blending it along the top. Use black and gray eyeshadow to create a smokey eye effect.
Or, you could limit yourself to a bold swipe of the liquid eyeliner to the outer corners of the eye and then blend upwards. There are no rules and there are no limits as long as you have makeup remover available to correct any mistakes.
- Lips! Your lips can be bold too, but if you want to draw attention to the eyes (which most punks choose to do), stick to a hint of gloss.
- Matter blusher. The rest of the face depends on how daring you want to make up. Some girls don’t wear blush while others use an industrial amount.
If anything, when you’re done, use some powder to set it all together.
Punk makeup: tips and tricks
- Makeup sponges and brushes are more accurate in helping you do your makeup, while your fingers give you a more natural look.
- The sequins are not part of the usual punk look, but if you use them in a unique and original may also be there.
- The most important thing is not to follow the rules. Freedom of expression should never adhere to strict guidelines.
- As with traditional make-up guides, we also suggest that you bring out only one element of the face, such as the eyes or lips. For example, if you have made up your eyes by accentuating them with black and dark gray eyeliner, you should balance your look by using a light and light gloss on the lips, to prevent the makeup from suffocating your features too much.
- Choosing a foundation a couple of shades lighter than your natural tone gives you a pale, punk-like look and goes fabulous with dark red lips!
- Draw a small heart, stars, or lightning bolt towards the lower outer corner of one of your eyes (almost on your cheekbones). This is a popular practice among punks.
- If you are planning to attend an event like a show or concert, don’t wear too much makeup if you think you will sweat a lot. Nothing is less punk than having to go to the bathroom every fifteen minutes to fix your makeup.