Let’s just take a look at some of the advantages of choosing a park home, and dispel some of the myths.
1) If we take a look at the cost of a typical house in Gloucestershire, one of the regions with figures are very clear. Just read more detail here: https://www.gch.co.uk/news/gloucestershires-housing-crisis-leaves-thousands-struggling/. There is definitely a need for more affordable housing, and this is a gap that park homes neatly fill. They cost substantially less than the bricks and mortar equivalent in terms of size.
2) In addition, the cost often includes the furnishings, meaning that buyers have the possibility of selling any furniture that they currently own. Another financial benefit is the cost of heating and other bills; these can be reduced as park homes are built with good insulation and energy efficiency inherent in the design. There are many eco-friendly energy options which are used in park homes, including solar energy, small wind turbines and the re-use of rainwater.
3) There is, of course, the possibility of finding somewhere smaller and more manageable for retirement years; downsizing is a good idea, but the space in a park home can be more flexible than in a traditional house. Because they are built for modern living, they are more economical on space than bricks and mortar. The garden space will be smaller, so savings in maintenance and upkeep are to be made here too.
4) You can make money by selling of any antiques or items in your house you no longer need which can often bring in a lot more than you think. Any left over items can be thrown in the trash to be recycled or taken to the tip. A company like Llanelli skip hire found on links including http://pendragonskiphire.co.uk/skip-hire/ will be able to take this away for you in a very efficient way.
Quality of life
4) If you choose from available park homes for sale Gloucester and surrounds offer value and space equal to an apartment in the city.
5) Park home life will be quieter than in the city. All homes are detached and have some land surrounding them. They are also located out of town centres and away from main roads. Consider too that most of the residents will be older or retired.
6) You will be safe and secure in your park home with wardens on site at times, monitored CCTV and parking permit systems in place. There is also a sense of community, with neighbours all around and some organised clubs and social activities.